Leaning Tower of Pisa or the Italian language Torre pendente di Pisa or in short Torre di pisa is campanlie or bell tower in the city ketedral in Pisa, Italy.
pisa tower located behind the cathedral and is the third building Campo dei Miracoli (Field rainbow) city of Pisa.
Tower of Pisa is actually made to stand vertically like a bell tower in general, but began leaning soon after construction started in August 1173 the construction of the ground is not good.
pisa tower height is 55.86 m of the lowest soil and 56.70 m of the highest ground. pisa tower wall width below 4.09 m and 2.48 m in height. The weight of the tower pisa estimated at 14,500 tonnes. Tower of Pisa has approximately 294 steps. With the tower of pisa, pisa city economic income to be increased because of the tower pisa made as a tourist attraction.
there is a controversy about the identity of the architect who created or designed the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Over the years, the design is believed that design was made by Guglielmo and Bonanno Pisano, a local architect famous in the 12th century, famous for his bronze works, especially in his work Pisa Duomo.
Construction of the Tower of Pisa was built in three stages, the old is less than about 200 years. Construction of white marble on the first floor began on August 9, 1173, the period of military success and prosperity of Italy. The first floor is surrounded by some very large pillars and although slanted position, but still could stand for centuries up until now.
first tilt tower pisa after the third floor was built in 1178, which caused the sinking of foundations as deep as three meters, due to the movement of soil. This means that the design of the tower was flawed from the beginning.
Construction was halted for almost a century, because the Pisans were almost continually engaged in battles with
Genoa, Lucca and Florence. During the period penghetian pisa tower, the ground beneath the structure has started to re-stabilize. In 1198, clocks were temporarily installed on the building which is still unfinished.
in 1272, construction of the tower pisa resumed by Giovanni di Simone, an architect of the Camposanto. The fourth floor was built to compensate for the tilt of the tower. The rebuilding was stopped again in 1284, when Pisa was conquered by Genoa in the Battle of Meloria.
The construction of the bell tower is not finished stalled until 1372. After that, Tommaso di Andrea Pisano successfully complete the Gothic elements of the tower, with the Romanesque style. There are seven bells in the tower, each of which represents not the tone. The bells were installed in 1655.